Pages

Thursday, 7 February 2008

ABOUT ZINES NOT WRITTEN IN ENGLISH:


I guess I speak for all of our merry crew if I say this:

fell free to scan zines in every language!

this shall be a zine archive and as you might have noticed there are zines written in german, japanese,... which isn´t readable for most /all of our visitors! but that doesn´t matter in my opinion! we´re trying to give an as broad as possible overview of our culture past and present! non english and or german have a past too! why should they be excluded? if I can´t read it I still might enjoy the artwork or whatever!
I´d especially like to see zines from countries with a muslim population! as there are / were bands from such countries there should be zines too!

b.t.w.: as I found this stack of zines (actually I found 3 times as much but some years in my cellar did some of them not really good) and I planned on trading some of them to Hr. Burhger against records but as I don´t think Slobo should be the only one who spends money on an archive that should be for everyone I decided I´d contribute them to the archive for free if masterblogger Hr. Burgher has a place where the zines can be stored without fucking up! and as he is being a father soon his crib is not exactly what I´d call a wise storage place! any suggestions?

8 comments:

Slobodan Burgher said...

i am sure i can store them safely despite baby poop and piss and vomits *LOL* but then again that raises two issues

1. how to get all that trash over to London from Deutschland -could be expensive postage plus SHOCKHORROR THE ENVIRONMENTAL COSTS!!! (I am joking)

and

2. Apart from my own egoistical reasons (which are limited), I have no real interest in storing PHYSICAL copies of zines, and I think that people should be encouraged to read (&scan) zines instead of simply getting rid of 'em

Ok I am not sure taht makes much sense...

well i have about 20-30 or so zines which are mostly old uk ones that haven't been scanned and they are almost falling to pieces (hence why great to scan, it also an act of preservation!)...

I actually did not sell many records so am happy to trade with you if you want, never ind putting money into it - time is better (like you all do already). here's what I still want to get rid of:

G-Anx 3rd 7" (pre-Counterblast Gods)
INSIGHT 7" (straight edge hardcore from eithe rfrance or UK, I dont really know)
no way strength of reason 7" (Italy sxe)
Approach To Concrete 7" (German sxe/hc, Red Vinyl)
DISFEAR 7" (first 7" after Anti-Bofors)
Svart Snö 7" (Finn Rec classic)
WAY CUM 7"

also I have a 6 relisted items that are also up for trade if they dont sell (which seems to be the case, lol):

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQdfspZ1QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ32QQlredZAny00000QQsassZeditorcrmag

Papst Benedikt XVI said...

hm, but it seems like you got more time to scan the zines! since I´m back in the worker´s world I don´t really have the time to scan as much zines as I would like to!

Slobodan Burgher said...

Ok, well, I am also back in the workers world but that's fine I will have time to scan anyway I reckon

what did you have in mind? do you wanna send me a parcel or something?

:)

Javier said...

Your work in this blog is wonderful, great!!!!. Do yo have spanish fanzines? I'm very interesting about that. Cheers

WASTED LIFE said...

Great Job, This blog kicks ass !!
There is a french site wich does the same work as you, it's called http://punkpress.propagande.org/ and you can find here a lot of french Zines ! Keep on the good work !

Balthasar Bjornkvist said...

Javier: I have some mid-90's 'zines from Latin America, tell me if that will be interesting for you.
Wasted Life: Thanks a lot for the link, it is a great site indeed, wish I could understand French!

Javier said...

Hi, Balthasar. it would be great. Coul you up something in spanish? Anyway, I wanted to ask: where do you get so many fanzines? It's amazing. Thanks a lot.

maplestory said...

球鞋
nikedao
nikedao.com
www.nikedao.com
NIKE
ADIDAS
PUMA
妮可鞋岛
NIKE运动鞋
NIKE跑鞋
妮可岛
运动鞋
ADIDAS
板鞋
妮可鞋岛
妮可岛
阿迪达斯
妮可鞋岛
NIKE
ADIDAS
ADIDAS运动鞋
ADIDAS
阿迪达斯
运动鞋
运动鞋
板鞋
运动鞋
跑鞋
耐克
球鞋
休闲鞋
男女鞋
男女鞋
品牌
休闲鞋
耐克