Pages

Thursday, 11 October 2007

Chemical Warfare #4


Youth Of Today, Totalitär, Stikky and Fugazi, all in one issue you ask? You bet! This was one of my favorite 'zines back in the day, I'll dig up a little and try to find other issues I know I had.

Growing up in a rural area of an isolated country, 'zines were the main providers of information not only about bands and punk's musical sub-genres but also about different ideas being debated in the scene(s). I'll be forever thankful to those individuals who in the late 1980's and early 1990's spent their (unemployment or otherwise) money in sending 'zines, leaflets, tapes and records. In fact, I wrote to many of the addresses featured in Chemical Warfare #4, including Revelation Records, who sent me free copies of the Judge's album plus singles by YOT and Quicksand since I was the first to write them from Israel! Who said "Revelation can suck it", huh?

In any case, I hope you'll enjoy the fanzine

Chemical Warfare #4

5 comments:

John Liedown said...

This is a lovely thinhg indeed.

Slobodan Burgher said...

Yeah, thanks again and welcome to the blog!

Anyone's got any issues of RIOT (UK) -that great A4 handwritten crust zine from around early 1990s?

Balthasar Bjornkvist said...

Thanks for the invitation Slobodan!
Yeah, I have at least two issues of Riot, but it will take me some weeks to be able to get them from my mom's attic, to scan and post them.

Slobodan Burgher said...

Yeah I had I think 4 of them, from memory 2-4 plus 5 or something. The last one being typed. But then again last I even saw these was around 1996 and my mum said last time I saw her that she'd thrown out lots of old magazines and other things she deemed worthless. Argh. But she kept some old textbook from school? Hm.

mel said...

i did an article for this